With much love for detail
MISTRAL, built in 1938, was bought in 1995 by the passionate yachtsman Dieter Krügel. He saw her in Newport Beach, CA., and spontaneously fell in love with the lines of this classical yacht. After the purchase and transfer the new owner spared no expense and even laid hands on during the two extensive restoration periods lasting several years to bring new shine to this traditional Lady. MISTRAL was never meant to be a museum piece but an ocean-going vessel to be sailed in a sporty fashion and thanks to the great love for detail this was achieved during the restorations. During countless regattas and crossings of the North Atlantic MISTRAL has proven her merit in any respect.
- L. Francis Herreshoff schooner, Design #73
- Built in 1938 in Saugus, Massachusetts, in the Britt. Brothers shipyard
- Bought in 1995 by Dieter Krügel
- Restored from 1996 to 1999 in a shipyard in Blue Rocks near Lunenburg, Nova Scotia
- Restored from 2006 to 2008 in the shipyard of M. Paulsen in Arnis at the river Schlei, Germany